Sep 11, 2008

Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop

Rachel and I went to The Antique Sandwich Co the other day for open mic night. Our neighbors are really good friends with someone that was performing there and it sounded like it would be a good time, live music and antique sandwiches, how could it not? The place was pretty full when we got there we managed to find a spot to sit next to our friends but kind of ended up sitting by ourselves. We ordered sandwiches and a drink and prepared to be musically inspired. There was quite the line up that night, something like 20 people back to back performing and when they read off the names I realized that Alina was like 4th up. I wasn't prepared for what I would see next. The Scatman was introduced, I thought what and interesting name I wonder what he's all about. He got on stage with an American flag and continued to try to lay on him correctly but he kept twitching and moving around in his chair so it kept falling off of him. He grabbed the mic and I don't think I caught one single word he said for his opening or his lyrics, it was hilarious. I was laughing to myself when I realized that nobody else was laughing, then I felt Rachel's hand on my back and when I looked at her she was crackin up. I caught a glimpse of my friends Chad and Jordan and they were laughing as well, but that's it... everybody else was quite. I decided that I needed to take some pictures of this so that I could blog about it and show you all this guy. Alina performed a couple people after that and while I was listening to Alina I realized that the Scatman was pulling out his video recorder and started taking video of Alina! I got pictures.

Scatman


Scatman - close up


Alina jammin out


Alina Jammin out - close up


Scatman taking video of Alina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn canadian...

Anonymous said...

i still dont know why NO ONE else was laughing....sooo weird!!